Friday, February 1, 2013

IU Super Sub Will Sheehey to Turn Pro After Season

In a surprising admission today to ESPN Gameday analyst Jalen Rose, Indiana wingman Will Sheehey said he will not be coming back for his senior season at Indiana next year. Instead at the conclusion of this season Sheehey will be turning his time and attention to being a professional clown.

In a casual conversation with Rose, Sheehey was surprisingly candid about what motivates him. “I’ve loved my time here at Indiana and I love my teammates but this has been a dream of mine as long I can remember. Since I was a kid I’ve always tried to be the biggest clown out on the court I could be. I’ve spent so many games in AAU and College mastering my celebratory facial expressions and inventing countless gestures and taunts to excite the crowd.  Sometimes I wondered if bringing all that attention to me was going to be worth the trouble.”

When asked about what has sparked his recent decision, Sheehey explained about the professional break he got Wednesday night at Mackey arena that set all this in motion. “I was in the zone Wednesday at Mackey. I spent the whole game jumping around, jumping on guys backs, dancing, constantly gesturing to my head, and saluting. At one time I think I might have even kissed my own guns. I don’t even know I was just so into myself. I guess there were some professional clowns in the audience that spotted me dancing around playing grab-ass while the national anthem was playing. I think they knew right there I had the potential to be a complete clown.”

Sheehey expects to take part in a 13 week clown workshop in New York City this summer. Some of his formal training will include learning how to face paint, twist balloons, perform magic, apply clown makeup, and develop an award winning routine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sour grapes...

Anonymous said...

Wow, somebody's bitter. Will Sheehey will be headed to Law School once his playing days are over.

Anonymous said...

Sheehey clowning during the national anthem was so disrespectful. Couldn't believe it, even from him.

Anonymous said...

bitter Purdue fans never get old. What a crappy basketball program they have.

Anonymous said...

He'll be suckin' that clown cack hard, during that intense 13 wk "training"...

Anonymous said...

....so hard.